[Dailydrool] Utah Shelter Challenge

Marilyn Briggs marbriggs at att.net
Wed Mar 23 16:44:34 PDT 2011

A note on the Shelter Challenge said Best Friends (who is in Utah) was not eligible for "top prizes" as they had previously won millions of dollars. (Well, not millions, but lots and lots.)
We took this to mean that since Utah Friends of Basset Hounds was second, we would win.
Apparently, the $1000 is not a "top prize" because Best Friends won. The bad thing is, that means they will win this entire year.

We just had a foster who needed emergency surgery for bloat, and we have another needing surgery on her leg, so this was really a big disappointment. I said it before, and I will say it again: We really wish Best Friends would move to Wyoming.

(If anyone wants to help with Jasmine's leg surgery, go to www.ufbh.org. We are giving away
cases of low calorie treats with a $20.00 donation. If you can't pick them up, postage is the
actual amount of $7.75.  The case is 24 packages, so not a bad deal.)

I am really thrilled that some of the basset rescues are scoring some Shelter Challenge money.
I knew we could do it!
Marilyn Briggs