[Dailydrool] Anals & The perch

Swartz foxybear at cox.net
Fri Mar 25 13:06:53 PDT 2011

I am so happy to read that Crackers & Penelope are feeling better.  YEAH!

Vicki, i love the names of your bassets.  Miss Cleopatra Christina von Wigglebutt, Quincy P. Fartwhistle.  and Pongo.. TOOOO cute!

Parvo recovery drool for little Miss Gwendolyn we hope that you recover from this horrible disease soon & Bluegrass Basset Rescue finds you that forever home that you so much deserve.

Anal glands: None of my basset ever had an issue with this until the Bad A** Brothers started having it about a year ago.  I started adding a heaping tablespoon of pumpkin to breakfast and a half cup of green beans to supper.  Colt rarely has anal gland problems anymore but Ruger unfortunetly still needs his manually emptied every two weeks.  I usually do this at bath time, either that or he has a knack for being able to relase them on the couch. Thank doG it is a leather couch.  Maybe I need to upgrade their food/kibble.

THE PERCH: As I have wrote before Ruger has a Perch just like his mentor Elder Clara. (somehow I have a feeling when he gets older he will try to walk in the legends paw prints) Ruger sits on one end of the couch, butt on the couch and chest & Paws on the arm rest looking out the big picture window to keep an eye on ASTT HQ compound for terrorist squirrels.  If he sees a squirrel he runs to the back door and I, like the properly trained slave that I am get up and go perform the magic of opening the door to "release the hounds" lol.  Anyhowl. Since my mom has been here  she will go and sit in the perch while the boys are outside, eating, etc.  The weather has been so nice here that the boys are spending a majority of the day outside, mainly laying under the swamp oak guarding the ASTT compound. Well Ruger doesn't miss a beat when he comes in and finds her on the perch.  He will either jump on the couch and proceed to take up his normal position on his perch even if it is now includes moms lap or if she is sitting up/leaning forward (like when we eat dinner using a TV tray) he will worm his way behind her and take up his rightful position on his perch.  But now when my Mom sees him come into the living room she just gets up, moves to the loveseat and says "okay I guess you want your perch back...I kept it warm for you"  I guess the ol' women is trainable after all.  Love & Drool to all

Michele Momma to the Bad A** Basset Brothers
Colt "MOM, Ruger's butt need drained again"
Ruger "Leave my butt alone and get that old women off my perch"

Women are Angels...And when someone breaks their wings..They simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...They are flexible like that...