[Dailydrool] Snoopy at the Dog park (part 2)

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Fri Mar 25 13:07:58 PDT 2011

Hi all, Snoopy here!!

First off let me say how happy I am to hear that Crackers and Gwendolyn are
feeling much better.  I've been slinging drool in VERY large quantities for them
both and now my mom will have to forgive the drool on the ceiling as it is well
worth it to have them both better now.

Next ... we went to the dog park again today.  First off I would like to thank
the nice momPerson who gave detailed instructions to my momPerson about how to
lift me into the car ... wow, that was MUCH better.  I should mention that my
brother Cyrus is king of the dog park and I want to be king too ... but I've
been finding out that the way to be king is not necessarily to be the noisiest.
And, it seems that an in your face king is frowned upon at our dog park.
Everyone knows Cyrus and mom (and now me) at our dog park.  So today mom was
told ... forget the lead, just let him off lead, he'll figure it out.  So mom
did.  At first I was a bit ... errrr ... in your face.  I started off in the
face of a little girl terrier dog and she seemed to think I wanted to do a
dental examination.  Whoops .... so I left her alone and howled at a Springer
Spaniel who has met me before ... he's faster than I am so I gave up on Buddy
and went back to the little girl terrier ... who still seemed to think I wanted
to check her VERY BACK teeth for cavities ... well, she needed a breath mint so
I went elsewhere and chased a border collie named Cooper I know and then ... I
went back to the little girl terrier and I sniffed her back end, quietly, and it
turns out she is very nice and polite.  Isn't that amazing?  Cara was there and
she is a Giant Schnauzer and she is almost as noisy as me so it's quite
amusing.  There were other dogs and balls and stuff and then the most amazing
thing happened ...... I made a friend.  A big tall skinny white dog came over
and asked if I wanted to play chase and so I Ahroooo'd for him and chased him
and then when I let up ... he came back over and wanted to know if I would play
chase some more and I chased him some more than then he chased me and then I
stopped and he came over and asked if I wanted to play any more and I did so we
played some more and then I stopped to rest and he came over and asked if I
still could play at all and I still could and I did .... and then we went home.
Me and Cyrus and momPerson.  And we stopped at the bakery on the way where they
make special dog cookies and got Cyrus and I each one.

And now Cyrus and I need a nap.

More later from Snoopy.