[Dailydrool] escape

Susan Kitz smkitz at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 25 21:59:57 PDT 2011

Thunder, my son's Caucasian Mountanin Sheepdog and Truffles, the beagle decided to test the new fencing and found it wanting.  They must have been gone 40 min or so before I thought it was way too quiet.  Frantic searching, did I let them in and forget?  Calls to son and DH wnt searching as I had to stay at home with disabled son.    Truffles was found quickly.  Thunder  was not.  Frantic calling and searching the neighborhood.  It was dark and wet.  Thunder has a grey and black coat.  At least an hour went by.  I stood on the deck calling out to the darkness and finally heard his bark.  Zak's girlfriend Mary had spotted him from her car and called him.  He turned tail and ran home just as I opened the door to follow that bark.  In he barreled.  A quick drink and he slid to a comfy spot looking oh so innocent, as if to say "I was here all along".  I am going to have to stock something a little strong than Chai Tea.  Where is that beer from last summer.  I did not like the taste, right now who cares about taste.