[Dailydrool] Woo hoo--paradise found

Val Brewer vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 25 23:21:28 PDT 2011

We had a fantastic dog day today in a not especially dog-friendly locale. The
federal park allows leashed dogs on the beach (and unleashed if no rangers are
nearby and it is late in the day) so first there was a walk on the beach. Then
our dad decided to take a chance and ask if the little local fish house that
services the harbor and has an outdoor eating area would allow us hounds to sit
under a table on the perimeter while our slaves had a fish dinner. And lo and
behold, they said yes, they were very dog-friendly so long as they didn't get in
trouble with anyone (e.g., the health department or tourists--mostly local
fishermen gather here for a beer and dinner after a day out on the water). So my
brother and I got to sit in an outside restaurant and do meet and greet, dining
on grilled chicken strips while the slaves ate. Everyone loved us. A dog who
lives on one of the boats even came over to see us. This is paradise after all.
Bo, CICPBF, and his brother, Harley, in Kona, HI