[Dailydrool] Crackers and Drool for Abner

dpmcquade at verizon.net dpmcquade at verizon.net
Sat Mar 26 08:54:52 PDT 2011

We are so glad to hear of Crackers' recovery. Hopefully the docs will figure out what caused the trouble, and Kathy will not have to spend tons of money on a gazillion tests (we know how that feels!).

I never seem able to remember to switch to plain text, so below I am repeating my earlier post that came out in HTML. Thanks to the folks who went to the trouble to read the HTML text and have already slung a bit of drool his way.

For some time Abner has had a huge cancerous tumor on his delicate little boy stuff. About six months ago we took him to the surgeon, who told us that unless we wanted to do a huge surgery that would take away his manly parts, there was really nothing they could do. He did not really recommend the surgery, and we opted not to do it. Abner has been fairly comfortable for about six months, the time the vet said we "might" get if we did the massive surgery. So we think we made the right decision.

But now the huge tumor is dragging on the ground, and Abner's skin is opening up. It bleeds. The surgeon warned us this would happen and told us that eventually it would rupture, and there would be nothing else the vets could do. The skin down there simply does not heal because of the cancer.

I have made belly bands for him, but he tends to escape from them. At this point he really needs to have one on constantly, but unless I watch him 24/7, he's bound to get out of it.

I am getting very concerned for my baby boy. So I'd like to ask for some drool for him. He's only about 10, to my other dogs' 13 and 14. It seems too soon to let him go. So can you send some "no bleeding" drool in his direction?
Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets