[Dailydrool] Louise Sent to the Bridge

Jennifer Martin JMartin at wellscolibrary.org
Sat Mar 26 09:02:15 PDT 2011

This is Beauford chiming in for the mom slave.  She was very sick when Louise had her accident.  Eveery time she tries to do the update, she starts leaking tears and then she starts wheezing and can't breathe.  So, I told her I would do it for her.  Anyway, Louise was at the vet for a week after she hurt her back.  She wasn't getting any more use out of her back legs.  The vet kept saying that he didn't think Louise was in pain, but she wasn't eating well.  If you knew my piggy sister, you would understand that just isn't normal.  Anyway, mom went and picked up Louise on Thursday and brought her home.  When she got Louise all settled in at home it was obvious all was not right.  Mom tried to make Louise lay on her left hip because she was always on her right hip at the vet.  You have to understand our mom.  We love her, but she gets hung up on things and skin is one of those things she worries about, 'specially since we all have allergies.  We get full body checks at least once a day--sometimes more.  She tries to pretend that she is loving on us, but she is really just checking to make sure our skin and ears are A-Okay.  Anyway, she wanted to have Louise on the other hip to give the right hip a break.  Louise started shaking and drooling and panting all over.  So, mom moved her back to the right hip, but the damage was done.  It took a lot of medicine to get Louise comfortable again.  Apparently that wasn't supposed to happen.  It was determined that nothing could be done and Mom and Dad sent Louise to the Bridge.  Meanwhile, Bugsey and I are trying to keep up with all the tears and snot being produced.  We are producing our own drool so that no more hounds go to the bridge for a little while.  We realize that hounds are always going to die, but it seems like the drool has had a lot of that lately.

Beauford on behalf of Jennifer Mom slave and Bugsey