[Dailydrool] Backseat hammocks

dpmcquade at verizon.net dpmcquade at verizon.net
Sat Mar 26 16:35:02 PDT 2011

Belvedere cannot lie on a backseat because no matter what I do, he always ends up in the foot well if I have to stop short. he has severe arthritis and cannot put the breaks on any kind of sliding motion. Since Abner already occupies the crate in the back of the van, and Bel really does not seem to like it because he still slides in the crate, I thought one of the hammocks that covers the backseat might be a good idea.

We belong to BJ's, and they had one on sale:

http://www.bjs.com/majestic-pet-products-universal-waterproof-hammock-back-seat-cover---grey.product.129737

Does anyone have any experience with these? Will they hold a basset's weight without any trouble? Or will Bel end up on the floor again, just with a hammock underneath him?

Before I plunk down money, I'd like to be sure it's going to work. Right now I can't afford the more expensive ones, but this looked as if it was in our price range. I just want to be sure it won't be perfectly useless after I buy it!
Thanks,
Pam, food slave and chauffeur to the Dashing Bassets