[Dailydrool] bassadors

Reed and Becky Pomeroy rebec at execpc.com
Tue Mar 29 06:53:14 PDT 2011

First off, I am not in any way discouraging the adoption of a rescued
bassador.  Many years ago, the spouse and I fostered a litter of
bassadors from the t ime they were weaned until they were ready for
forever homes.  They were so adorable and sweet.  It was harder
for me to part with them than with my own puppies!

That said,
remember that bassadors, despite the cute name, are not a breed.
They are mixed breed dogs and mixed breed dogs do not breed true.  2
Bassets can look and act completely different.  You cant be 100% sure
of what you are getting.

And I'm not so sure about labs being
so eager to please.  the spouse and/or I have been volunteer
obedience instructors for both our local all breed club and the county 4-H
project for 30+ years. In my experience, labs are hard-headed and
stubborn and could care less what you want.  You just about have to
beat them over the head with a baseball bat just to get their
attention.

crazy basset lady
(no Labradors were actually
beaten over the head with a baseball bat or other weapon in the writing of
this post)
MAKE DROOL NOT WAR

Please take time to visit
these websites: