[Dailydrool] @ Melody Bassadors

Carolsd21 carolsd21 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 29 11:06:04 PDT 2011

I  had  Bassador named Sadie.  She had the body of a Basset, from the back of her neck all the way to the tip of her tail,  she had a lab head.  Sadie was all black with a Basset temperment and personality.  She was a great dog and I would have another Bassador.  When I adopted Sadie she was already 10 months old,  so she was full grown.  You say puppy, but you do not mention the age.  With getting a Bassador, you have 2 breeds with different temperments and sizes.  If the pup is not full grown, its possible to get a larger version like the lab or in the middle or short and stubby like our bassets. Depends on what you want.  Both breeds have wondeful temperments and personalities and both are clowns.  Think about each breed as the puppy is a mix of Basset and Lab.  You will get either one or the other in temperment and personality or both.  As well as size.   Also check into the medical part.  What each breed is prone to.
 Be  informed.   For me a Bassador is a wonderful companion, but I lucked out as she was a funny and  crazy Basset.   Good Luck and if you decided to get the puppy enjoy.