[Dailydrool] Ginger

Jane Hay janewhay at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 13:16:24 PDT 2011

That is our Ginger in the BOTW contest this week. I know all of the other
Houndettes stories about how they ended up in kill shelters but I don't know
Ginger's. I spoke to her first foster home and, the day that they pulled her
was a total panic because she was going to be PTS if they didn't get her and
they couldn't get there till the end of the day. Apparently the shelter just
wanted her gone and didn't give them any additional info. She went to a
second foster home before she came to us and made the huge mistake of eating
the computer cords there and got banished. We decided that, since Suzy was a
buppy at the time, we were pretty well buppy proofed so Ginger could come to
us. Well, Ginger taught us that there were MANY more things that we needed
to buppy proof with her around! We figured out in a heck of a hurry why she
ended up in a shelter! I swear that this hound grows to be at least five
feet tall with a six foot long tongue when she's on her hind legs! Plus she
is in cahoots with our juvenile delinquent cat who is glad to knock things
off the counters to her. She's just a wild woman in a in a basset suit but
we love her. Her papers said her birthday is in December and, going by that,
she turned four this past December but apparently she hasn't figured out
that she isn't a buppy any more. Believe me, the big brown truck has not
visited us lately!

I'm not campaigning for votes for our girl. I just wanted to introduce her
to all of you since her picture is on BOTW this week.

Jane & the Houndettes
Jersey, Shadow, Suzy & wild woman Ginger