[Dailydrool] allergies & itchies - butterbur

Vikki Kiehl vkiehl at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 20:20:20 PDT 2011

I've done the allergy testing on a couple of my bassets (current &
former) and recommend having that done if you can.  We've also done
food elimination diet.
I use the antihistamine chlorphenarmine - under $3 at wal-mart for
generic.  I recently started using the herb butterbur in capsule form.
 Been trying it for Hal's itchies for 2 weeks. He seems less itchy and
coat seems less "tacky".  Been using it for my seasonal allergies too.
 After reading the studies done comparing butterbur to Zyrtec, thought
I'd give it a try.
Apparently, it is also used for incontinence... so, since Sara Sue's
elimination diet results point to an environmental allergy and since
the prescription meds have stopped working for her incontinence...
I've also started her on it.
vikki
spencer, sara sue, hal e bear
beloved sebastian and natasha atb