[Dailydrool] Rusty ATB

Brandie Allen hnddg221 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 31 12:42:54 PDT 2011

Hello all...

I wrote a few weeks back about having to re-home my Rusty due to him becoming
more and more unstable and worrying about him and my 18 month old.

I had made arrangements with Tri-State to place him in their hands as I had
originally adopted Rusty from Tri-State when he was 9 months old.  He was to go
to them on April 9th.

Maybe it was fate or maybe he knew, but I had to send my sweet boy to the Bridge
Tuesday night.  He became extremly ill early monday morning...vomiting and
diarrhea.  By Tuesday am he seemed disoriented and by the afternoon he was no
longer walking.  I took him to the Vet, they ran blood work and it was normal,
so we ruled out an infection.  He also ate his dinner of boiled chicken and rice
Tuesday night and kept it down, so we ruled out a blockage.  So the Vet beleives
he had some type of cancer and we felt it would be best to help him make his
final journey.

It all makes sense now, I think the extra crankiness was due to him being in
some type of pain and I just didn't get it.  I am so glad that this happened
before he went to rescue and was able to cross the bridge in my arms being told
that he was loved and that I will be able to bring his ashes home to rest with
me.

I rescued Rusty when he was 9 months old from Tri-State...next month would have
been 9 years together.  He would have turned 10 years old on 7/30.

My heart is broken more so then I could ever imagine.  Yes, he was grouchy, but
he was my grouch and I loved him to the very end and beyond.  I didn't realize
was a BIG personality he was...even though I still have 2 more hounds and a 18
month old, the house is very, very quiet.

I was awoken around 1:30 am this morning to the sound of his big feet clumbering
down the hall way away from the bedroom...I got out of bed to look, only to
realize that it couldn't be him.  Then outside I heard his very distinctive
"woof", just once...

Run free sweet boy, I love you more then you can ever imagine and I am so
grateful that I was able to love you for almost 9 years!

Brandie
owned and operated by Mugzy, Stewie and Rusty ATB