[Dailydrool] Pet Meds

Dayna dayna.whitehead at comcast.net
Fri Mar 11 19:22:58 PST 2011

I spoke to my vet about that same subject just this morning. My notabasset, Elke, will require a hip replacement which will cost anywhere from $6500 to $8500 and the only place around here to do it is MSU. I was trying to find a way to cut corners. This is what I was told. While there are a great many places online that will sell meds cheaper than the vet, the reputable ones will require a script from your vet. The ones that don't are doing so illegally or from another country. They are either sub-standard or expired or not even what you wanted/needed in the first place. Luckily for me, my vet is more than happy to call in scripts to a local pharmacy or to a reputable one online, both of which I will do for Elke's Tramadol (local) and Pevicox (online). Your only recourse is to either change vets or pay. I don't want to sound snobbish nor am I trying to flame, pounce or denigrate, but you will have to decide what is best for your babies. Dogs, like children, cost money.

Thanks,

Dayna

mailto: Dayna.Whitehead at comcast.net

Mom to: Pierre, LaBelle, Bubba ATB (1/24/2011) and notabassets Izzy and Elke