[Dailydrool] Liver Enzymes

John Weese im4bmw at gmail.com
Sun Mar 13 09:00:16 PDT 2011

We took our "much loved" Bailey (9 yr old female) for her annual physical
last week, and as usual the Vet likes to order a full battery bloodwork.
Over the past couple years she has been commenting on an elevated enzyme
level for "one" of the liver enzymes checked.  This year, it was much
higher, so she is wanting Bailey to go through testing (eating and drawing
blood after for testing).  Bailey has not shown any different behavior "at
all"...no increased water intake, or anything else....just a normal,
healthy, low-key Basset!  She has had alot of cysts, that's it...nothing
serious.

I am fighting with myself right now, wondering if we need to put Bailey
through these tests....it's not about the money, but we "did" just spend
about $300 for just a normal physical!  Our old Vet passed away unexpectedly
a few years ago (at only about 50), and we trusted his judgement.  But, this
new one (very young) has always seemed to be much more proactive and
aggressive with "testing", and with a basic disregard for the costs of
things.

Anyway, has anyone else dealt with this before?....sharing any experiences
would be welcome.

Kind Regards,

John in PA