[Dailydrool] Daisy Mae

Jane Nelson janeinstx at aol.com
Mon Mar 21 00:41:50 PDT 2011

Thank you all for the overwhelming outpouring of kindness and support
we received at the passing of our sweet girl. I've had many dogs over
the years but she was our first Basset. What an amazing animal she
was. The last year or so her eyesight was going and she relied on
scent for a lot of her navigation. She also got pretty lazy so in
order to get her some much needed exercise my husband and I started
playing find the mommy. He would keep her occupied for a bit and I
would walk all over the house and out in the yard. As soon as Bruce
stopped paying attention to her she would come sniffing for me. It was
amazing to watch her sniff out my exact path!
We miss her greeting us at the door when we come home and I just
haven't had the heart to wash all the doggie nose prints off all the
doors. Even the cats, who are normally quite stanoffish unless they
want something, sense our sadness. I'm not at all sure they feel the
same but they are being unusually sensitive to us!
There will be other senior Bassets in my future. No one will ever
replace my first sweetie. They will just be loved in their own right
and for their own personalities.

Again thank you all. I love reading all your stories of daily Basset
antics.
Jane & Daisy Mae (ATB)
Sent from my iPhone