[Dailydrool] Heart Dogs

Alicia Pool apool at wolfrogersdickey.com
Tue Mar 22 04:14:51 PDT 2011

I too love all three of our hounds.  Each one is a delight in her or his own
way.  But I now understand what a heart dog is – my Gabe (aka Piglet).  I
believe I have told his story before so I won’t relay the whole thing again,
but he grew from a tiny eight week old pup to 39 pounds of pure basset love
for his momma – yes he is a very small male, but his weight is perfect for
his petite body size.  The feeling is definitely mutual.  It always seems
like he knows what his life might have been if someone had not gotten him
out of that puppy mill and he is very grateful.

Alicia Pool, Flo, Gabe and Liz