[Dailydrool] How do you get your basset up on stuff?

Dayna Whitehead Dayna.Whitehead at comcast.net
Tue Mar 22 10:11:35 PDT 2011

Pierre, aka My Pooper, had/has the same problem so we purchased a couple of
sets of doggie steps from the local Pet Supplies Plus store. We have nothing
else around here so have to pay their high prices or order online. Anyway,
they are supposed to allow the dog to climb up or down onto the bed,
furniture or whatever. The other non-bassets use them without issue. Of
course, they don't NEED the steps. They're very agile and can climb up on
their own when they want. Well, Pooper will go over by the steps, put his
front half up and WAIT!!! He just waits. He used to look back at us, but now
he just WAITS. He's waiting for us to help him up. That's all he wants. Just
us to give him a boost. Your Snoopy sounds like a smart fella, but he might
actually use the steps. Pooper, however, would prefer to have his slaves do
it for him than condescend to strenuous exercise.

Thanks,

Dayna
mailto: Dayna.Whitehead at comcast.net

Mom to: Pierre, LaBelle, Bubba ATB (1/24/2011) and notabassets Izzy, Elke
and Nikki ATB (10/2/2010)