[Dailydrool] How do you get your basset up on stuff?

Karen sparks_red at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 22 11:08:19 PDT 2011

My big, foster boy Freddie (68 lbs now) use a little 2 step for the couch and the bigger one for the bed.   It took him about 2 days to learn to use them.  I also use a 2 step for the car.  There is no way I can lift him.  The only problem I really have with the steps is the downward slant.  I have to hold on to Freddie when he goes down the steps because of the momentum.  I also keep a heavy rubber backed rug in front of the steps (I have hardwood floors) to keep the gang from sliding when they go down the steps.

Sadie Maye and Ruby Doo refuse to use the steps to the bed.  I think they are both leery of the steps.  They consider me to be a bad slave because I can't lift them but they will both use the two step to get in the car.  Go figure.   I told them I would attempt to make them a ramp...when I can start lifting more than 10 lbs.

Droolz,
Karen and The Dog House Gang with our foster basset,  Fabulous Freddie
Don't forget your Basset Pin Cushions
www.elderclarafabulousfreddie.com
Please Visit Freddie's Cancer Treatment Fundraiser Page:
http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/FabulousFreddie/golden-gate-basset-rescue-inc