[Dailydrool] help for the itchies

Dayna Whitehead Dayna.Whitehead at comcast.net
Mon Mar 28 13:55:19 PDT 2011

We tried Prednisone on Pooper initially when we found out about the grass allergy, but I found out that about 1 in a 1000 have a reaction and turn into the “dog from hell.” Well, guess what mild-mannered Pierre became… Cujo. Pierre is one of the most laid back bassets I’ve ever seen. He can’t stand vets (might be the smell does something to him???), but that’s the only time I ever see him get upset. While he was on Prednisone, he tried to bite me!! He curled his lips up, snarled and then lunged. I was so shocked, I just stood there. I called the vet immediately and that’s when I found out about the reaction. Just a heads up to everyone else. It’s rare, but it does happen. ☺

Thanks,

Dayna
mailto: Dayna.Whitehead at comcast.net

Mom to: Pierre, LaBelle, Bubba ATB (1/24/2011) and notabassets Izzy, Elke and Nikki ATB (10/2/2010)