[Dailydrool] Snoopy checking in

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Wed Mar 30 10:50:26 PDT 2011

Hi all, Snoopy here.

First off I'd like to wish all hounds who are ailing a full and speedy
recovery.  I've been drooling up a storm.  My brother Cyrus has a broken tooth
and mom's been upset about it so last night I layed my head on him and went to
sleep and drooled right on him ... but he still had to go to the vet's office
this morning and mom said he won't be home till tonight and I'm so sad and
lonely and I didn't finish my breakfast.  At first I wouldn't eat at all but mom
got so upset that I took a big mouthful of food ... and ran out into the living
room and spit it all over.  When I came running back for more mom gave me that
Snoopy how could you look and went and gathered up all the kibble.   So, I got
another big mouthful and ran back out into the living room and spit it out UNDER
the big armchair.  Well, mom crawled under there and got (most of) it ... and
then she just put my bowl in the living room.  She looked so sad and worried I
ate some.

I've been trying to be a good boy.  Last night we got steak bones again because
mom has been so worried about Cyrus and she knew he couldn't eat today.  I don't
think mom is too bright ... should she be giving a dog with a broken tooth steak
bones?  I don't think so but mom said he could chew on the other side and she
was right I guess because he sure ate that bone.  When I was adopted I was very
skinny and very scared about food and had something mom called food aggression
where I'd snarl and basically attack Cyrus any time there was food.  That was
way back in January.  Mom says she is proud of me because now Cyrus and I can go
out back together and eat our bones together in the yard and just come in
through the dog door when we're done and I don't freak out anymore.  Cyrus
wouldn't take my food.  And if I take his he just tells mom (big tattle tale)
and she'll take it back from me and/or give Cyrus more.

I have a new ramp for getting into the car.  THANK YOU to everyone who suggested
a ramp and especially to the person who said to buy the Pet Gear ramp.  It only
weighs 14 lbs but it holds up to 200 lbs so Cyrus can use it too someday ... he
doesn't need it now because he can jump on top of the car if he wants but
someday he might.  dadPerson unfolded the ramp and put it on the car seat and I
ran up the ramp and sat on the seat and he folded it up and put it in the
trunk.  Done.  Duh!  I don't think they EVER would have figured it out if you
hadn't told them.

I started to get itchy in some places in the creases on my inner thighs.  We
don't have fleas at our house, momPerson doesn't allow them so that's not it.  I
have so many baths I can't even count but it's just these creases.  momPerson
has always used a warm washcloth to clean the area and then breaks open an leaf
of aloe and smears it in when a dog has skin issues so that's what she's done
for a couple of days now and it looks better and the hair is starting to grow
back in the crease (I quit chewing and itching) so maybe it's ok to do this for
bassets too.  We hope so, didn't know what else to do.

Well, momPerson is sulking and staring at the phone and hoping and praying that
Cyrus is going to be fine so I think I'll go cheer her up by slobbering all over
her clothes.

More later from Snoopy

Snoopy  http://www.dogster.com/dogs/1182550
Cyrus  http://www.dogster.com/dogs/1182554