[Dailydrool] liver treat recipe from long ago?

Kathleen Jones klj at efn.org
Thu Mar 31 11:11:33 PDT 2011

Oh, I remember that Liver Brownie recipe & have it somewhere!  I think it came from Jo & Melissa?  Maybe someone can find the original.   Here's my favorite site with all sorts of liver treat recipes, other bait recipes, and ones for dogs with food sensitivities.

http://www.dogaware.com/diet/treats.html

I ended up having to make my own variation with oatmeal (ground to flour or w/oatbran) and chicken livers when I had a little Spaniel with allergies.  It comes out just fine practically no matter what you do.
Those silicone baking pans can come in very handy.  Most brownie recipes stick like glue.  Have fun!

Kathleen & Maestro (so make some, already!)
(w/Henry Wadsworth & Bentley Basset ATB--they loved 'em too!)

  Hello,  I found a few liver-treat recipes on the DailyDrool site and was wondering if one was the famous "liver treat" recipe talked about loonnngggg ago on the DD?    Under a cobweb in my brain, I'm thinking there was a tv series, Breed All About It, and one of the scenes had a human making or feeding those liver-treats?  And some folks here on the list mentioned that while making the recipe, the whole house STUNK (to a human nose) but the bassets were in *heaven* due to the aroma?  Is it a "free" recipe or is there an author or cookbook needing to be cited?  Just want to give credit where credit is due.  Thanks very much,  Michele