[Dailydrool] cathing up - again *sigh*

Swartz foxybear at cox.net
Tue May 3 15:25:13 PDT 2011

So sorry to hear that Tesla, Memphis & McGee have made their journey to the bridge.  Take heart that they are once again young and healthy hounds.  May they live forever in the magic of your memories.

OMdoG!!! Pw Penny we are so glad that you had a human guarding angel close to you and that you are okay.  I think the mum may need something a bit stronger than wine for that scare.may I suggest a bottle of Jack Daniels!

No more runny pooh drool to Bandit.the little doxie nephew of Sirius and Gus.  We hope that your little nephew is feeling better real soon.

Re: Fruits & Veggies -  Just a warning about apples. Please be careful feeding your dogs apples and ensure that they do not get any apple seeds.   The seed contains arsenic and if the seed skin is damaged it can poison the dog.  Apples are fine just NO apple seeds!!!

Re: DD calendar -Ellie, so sorry to hear that you will not be working the DD calendar this year.  I don't know about years past but last year's calendar was awesome.  But I totally understand and support your decision to give it up.  I am very happy to hear that a brave little elf has stepped up to take on this task.  YEAH! I know that I for one would sure miss my DD calendar next year and I'm certain that my mom who the DD calendar is now a Christmas gift for would too. Thank you Ellie for all of your past work.  To the very special elf  Laura Salmon that is  taking over THANK YOU!  I would not want to miss my smile and giggle for the day when I flip my calendar page to the next day.  No DD calendar snag drool from the boys.

Re: bad mom - Poor Llewis, you and Ruger have a lot in common.  He will not bark to be let out or back in either; instead he goes to the door and sits, and waits, and waits, and waits, and then lays down to wait until momma finally notices him at the door.  However.when it is Kong time (a kong stuffed with treats) he sure lets you know when it is Kong time by barking and raising the dead!!!

Colt is the voice of the dynamic duo. He will go to the door and whine if he and/or Ruger want to go  out.  If I don't hear him he will come and give me "the I want out look"  I'll then ask "Outside?" and he'll run to the door.  When Colt and/or Ruger want back in it is Colt coming up to the big picture window in the living room to look in and give me the "I want in look" he will bark if he thinks that I am ignoring him, then he runs to the door when he sees me get up.   I try to stay on top of it, and ask the boyz every so often "outside"? if they run to the door then I dutifully get up and go let them out.  I do the same when they are out and keep looking at the sliding glass door to see if they are there or I will go out and ask "inside?" sometimes they look at me as if to say "nay, not yet" and go about their business of patrolling the compound or sunbathing.  Sometimes they gleefully come trotting back inside.  My living room picture window is pretty low and to keep Colt from scratching at my new windows and tearing up the screens we put up the bottom hurricane shudder (which is horizontal metal sheeting that has several over lapping  pieces to it to cover the window.) We then took a piece of pvc pipe and cut it so that it would slide down over the sharp edge of the metal  to cap it so that Colt would not cut  his little pawsies.

Michele Momma to the Bad Ass Basset Brothers

Ruger "is she ever going to let me in?"

Colt "Dang it man, speak up for yourself"