[Dailydrool] Sigh, now it is squirrels!

Kr1204 kr1204 at aol.com
Tue May 3 15:15:12 PDT 2011

On Sun afternoon is was very nice here in South Jersey so the X let the gang into the backyard and I was upstairs on the computer where I could see them. Suddenly I hear him screaming at the dogs and they are going nuts and everyone is running every which way. I ran downstairs as fast as I could and get outside where I find that a young/baby squirrel must have fallen out of the nest or missed a branch and is in the yard. And it is running towards the bassets! Who don't know what to do when they are being chased for a change! Suddenly elderly one eyed Drummer turns and charges the squirrel and grabs it. It must have wiggled or something because he dropped it and I scooped it up and put it over the fence unharmed. Everyone was ushered back in the house for a treat so they wouldn't glue themselves to the fence for the rest of the day. What's next, possums? There are plenty in the woods.
Kathy with Crackers (I'm going to Mishgun), Loki and Jordan and Drummer and Gracie the houseguest hunters.