[Dailydrool] E-mail confusion and Abner update

Pamela McQuade bassetizedslave at yahoo.com
Sat May 7 15:03:48 PDT 2011

The Dashing Bassets' food slave here.

Our Internet provider changed their e-mail format yet again, and I have been unable to figure out how to send anything in plain text. So I added my Yahoo e-mail to the Drool list, allowing me to post from here.

You can still write me at the old e-mail, if it's in your list of contacts, I just won't be posting to the Drool from it, unless I can figure out how to do plain text. But I am not hopeful, since the last time I asked them for assistance on that subject, they were very unhelpful. So chances are good this will be my regular Drool e-mail. I will be checking Yahoo regularly now, so you can send notes to me here too.

The last time I talked to my vet about Abner, he told me it might take the pred a few more days to act, and he had seen it work in dogs whose owners had been figuring they'd have to put their dogs down. It made sense to wait a few days, to find out, but I admit I was a bit doubtful.

Imagine my joy when yesterday Abner stopped sleeping all the time, perked up a bit, and even went into the kitchen for his food (all that way from the living room--perhaps 20 feet). Before this we'd been serving him meals wherever he was resting. He was barely moving, and I'd been thinking, like those other dog owners, that we might not have him too long.

Abner's not all the way back to his normal self, but he's very much improved. I have hope again that he could continue to improve (though I don't think that can be said for my floors, which have been flooded with pee for a week).

I wanted to share the good news with the many Droolers who have expressed concern about my baby boy. I appreciate your concern--and I'm sure Abner does too. He loves to be the center of attention.

Now if I can just figure out how to make a bellyband that will cover his whole tumor area and be possible to get on in less than a minute...
Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets.