[Dailydrool] somebody needs this little fellow

Pat Mayer lilygurl.pat at gmail.com
Sat May 7 17:58:04 PDT 2011

My Vet called Friday and asked me to come down to meet this little guy.
They were calling him Tee-P.  He is a 'shelter dog.  A stray basset hound
brought  in and unclaimed for many weeks now.  He was brought to our vet who
does volunteer work for the shelter.  Tee-P was neutered and given shots,
heartworm tested (negative), his teeth look nice but he is quite scrawny.
The vet says maybe  10 more pounds.  He only weighs 34 right now.  And he
only has 3 legs.  One of his front legs is missing.  I couldn't find a scar
and there is no stump.  The vet said he can't tell what happened just by
looking. He is a beautiful brown and white 3 year old.

The shelter he is at is in bad shape. The dogs often have to share pens as
does Tee-P and that's probably why he is so underweight.  It would be hard
for a 3 legged little basset who is so sweet, to push the other guy out of
his food bowl.  He spends a lot of time in the 'office' with the workers.
He loves company and gets along great with the other dogs even though he can
get pushed around.

I watched him get up from laying on the tile floor. Back end up first and he
swings his front leg under himself and pushes up.  He hops along eagerly
and manages pretty well even though he was still a little groggy when I
visited him.

I have sooo many steps here at my house  it would be unfair to him but there
has got to be a place for this sweet little man. This shelter is in a rural
and farm area.  Most people are looking for outdoor dogs or hunting dogs.
They aren't too interested in a little boy with 3 legs. Somebody needs him
in their life.

He is at Dearborn County Animal shelter 812-926-0910 in southeast Indiana
just down the road from Ohio and the Greater Cinti and Northern KY areas.

His page can be found at petfinder.com/petdetail/19482167

Thats for reading my post.

Pat

I took about 4 pictures if anyone is interested I will email them.

--
Drool to all in need.
Luv and Kissies too.