[Dailydrool] Budweiser ad

Riche Churchill buglr at blomand.net
Sat May 7 21:53:05 PDT 2011

Saw a Budweiser beer ad showing a Basset ostensibly being lured to leap
off a dock into water to "retrieve" (or catch) a bottle of beer.
Long-distance jumping into water is a popular contest event for
retriever-type dogs, but certainly NOT for a Basset Hound. I fired off
an email to Budweiser (searched Budweiser and sent to their "Contact us"
address) explaining what a BAD IDEA that commercial was -- and why --
and that it might lead clueless young (or old) people into trying it
with their Basset. They answered initially just thanking me for my
email, then later saying they'd send my comments on. So, if you saw this
ad, or even if you didn't, please email them expressing your objection.
In my opinion, it's a very dangerous ad, and the more comments they
receive, the more likely they are to pull it.

Riche (who prefers Coors, anyway)
BUGLER