[Dailydrool] Esa's belly,ER for me.Guess how many?

Vickie Zehring bubadog at comcast.net
Sun May 8 13:48:27 PDT 2011

Keep the Drool flowing please for Esa and me ,we are both in bad shape at the moment(well,me more than her).Anyone who would like to have a glance at Esa's belly just e-mail me personally and I will be happy to send you a photo. DISCLAIMER: If you have never seen a basset hound's pregnant belly and you are curious, this is the one to see,but if you are faint of heart ,maybe not so much.  As of 11pm (est) last night her temp was 99.8,a little quivering.  By 11:30 pm I'm hobbling ,on old crutches I found in the garage, into the ER because the pain is so bad down my legs I can't stand ,sit,or lay down. I didn't think they would keep me (and obviously they didn't) and just to be sure, I would tell the ones caring for me I had a dog at home ready to deliver in a day or two so this was not where I would be at that time. Did some x-rays,nothing .DR. said magic word ,"Percocet",and by 3:15 am I'm on the way to the CVS to get my 'Percocet",(:what a lovely word :)not many, but enough that should get me through the delivery. Today, not so painful ,so I  will over do things, (Can everyone say"Percocet") to get my whelping area ready for the beautiful babies Esa has in there. Anyone who wants to see her belly may also guess (if you want to) how many are in there. Sorry ,no prizes are being offered. Will keep you posted on her progress.