[Dailydrool] Question for you

Jane Hay janewhay at gmail.com
Fri May 13 08:15:19 PDT 2011

This is basset related because my daughter's mastiffs spend a LOT of time at
my house with the Houndettes. Her older mastiff is now nine years old and
really starting to show his age. We're praying that he is with us for
several more years but we are also realistic enough to know that this may
not happen. Anyway, my daughter has decided that she wants to develop a
relationship with whomever she decides to get her next mastiff from now
rather than wait till she is in a position to have to find someone and
hasn't done the proper research. We were wondering if anyone in Virginia had
any information on Magnolia Grove Mastiffs? Interestingly, my daughter
contacted them and asked if she could come and visit. Their reply was that
they didn't allow visitors until the person had committed to a puppy which
made us more than a little concerned. If any of you know anything about this
breeder, please let me know (please email me directly since this isn't
totally basset related). My daughter won't begin to support a puppy mill and
we're awfully afraid that this situation may be one. I have a vested
interest since her dogs spend so much time here. I'm very concerned about
the potential personality of such a huge dog mingling with my Houndettes and
any foster dog who might be staying with us. It would be nice if she could
adopt through a mastiff rescue but, since these dogs become such big dogs
(Brutus is 125 lbs and Sasha is 165 lbs!), her preference is to bring them
up from the beginning.

The Houndettes and mastiffs send healing drool to all in need. Thanks in
advance for any info that you can give us!

Jane & the Houndettes
Jersey, Shadow, Suzy & Ginger
with some help from Brutus & Sasha