[Dailydrool] Antlers, Gus's diet & possoms

Swartz foxybear at cox.net
Fri May 13 09:24:14 PDT 2011

Healing drool to Marley, Abner & Charlie.  We hope that all of you are back
to your old selves quickly

Antlers:  I bought the boys a couple of the smaller antlers. They loved them
for about 15-20 minutes and now they will occasionally chew on them but not
too much, only if I kind of reengage them to chew them when we play wrestle.
I'll take the antlers out of the toy box and bang them together a couple of
times and the boys may or may not take them to chew on for a few minutes.
However my two hounds  are not much into chewing.  They prefer something
that they can be chew/eaten.like bully sticks, greenies, dehydrated beef
tracheas (they love the beef trachea!!) etc.   I think to them the antlers
aren't worth the time and energy.   Also.   being a over protective mom will
not let the boys have any chewies of any kind unless I am able to watch over
them. My Commanche ATB was given a raw hide, momma supervising of course.
But Commanche would chew the rawhides until soft and then swallow them.
Needless to say that one time I had to go after one that got stuck in his
throat because it was too big to go down.  Now that was a slimy, nasty mess.
Me with a hand down his throat, down past the wrist!!! Fishing out a slimy,
soft & gooey rawhide.YUCK

Gus's Diet: Susan, I would try frozen green beans if Gus prefers a little
more crunch to his food.  Also on the treats you could try to switch him to
either baby carrots or chicken jerky.Totally healthy!  Especially if you buy
organic and make the jerky yourself.  Also the Science Diet t/d large bites
food is a good treat for the hounds.  They help scrub the teeth.  It is
formulated as a meal but I use the large bites as treats.just buy the small
re-sealable bags.  I don't want to start a food war but I am willing to bet
that there is a healthy kibble option than the Purina One.  I think that
Purina is mostly a corn or other grain kibble and corn seems to fatten up
animals.

Opossom: Ruger Director of ASTT woofing in. Dear Snoopy, your long legged
brother sound like a great ASTT warrior dog.  We would like to invite you to
come to ASTT HQ where we have lots of squirrelistans to chase, capture and
annihilate.  We could train you up and Cyrus could provide all of us some
training to.  We are always looking for new tactics in the fight against the
terrorist squirrels.  As for the opossum they are willey critters.just like
Llewis, Nigel, Conley and Mr. Cooper Sir reported earlier.  Lots of sharp
teeth and disappearing capabilities.Momma says they are like Chris Angel in
that respect. Momma locks down the compound when a opossum is around and she
goes out to shew it away!  It funny!  Momma going outside banging sticks on
things and a squealing "shoo possum, shoo"  What colt?  YEAH we should video
tape it and send it in to America's funniest home videos. 10,000 dollars buy
us a lot of bully sticks, beef tracheas and other tasty treats.  Dear CIC
Bo! Can we get a combat camera team here at ASTT HQ for a few weeks to get
this video of our momma?  We donate some of our winnings to homeless hounds
and to the Senior Hound homes.  Ruger & Colt ASTT Gulf Coast team out.