[Dailydrool] Happy Friday

Vicki Kerns vickikerns at gmail.com
Fri May 13 10:51:05 PDT 2011

Ah, it's Friday & I wish I was in Michigan!!!! I'll bet they're having a
ball. I'm definitely going to have to think about going next year. Elk
antlers, eh? I may give them a try. Quincy is my chewer (as my poor coffee
table & end table will attest). He can chew through a porkhide twist in
about 5 minutes (it takes the others about 20-25 minutes at least). I got
him a big Nylabone & I'm not crazy about rawhides, so I think I'll give the
elk antlers a try.

Also, I took my foster, Mugsy, in to the vet today. Poor baby has a bad ear
infection. Guess his last family didn't take good enough care of him, so I
have some ear flush & ointment I'll be using on him. I asked the vet about
his gooey eyes & he did say that Mugsy has Entropion (which several on the
Drool had mentioned before) & his upper eyelids turn under. I'm going to
take him in next Tuesday for a little "eye lift." They'll remove some of the
upper lid & stitch together. This should pull the eyelid up & in place like
it should be. I asked the vet if he could give us a two-for-one special as I
wouldn't mind having an "eye lift" myself. He wouldn't go for it. Anyway, if
you think of it, sling a little drool Mugsy's way next Tuesday. I know he's
going to feel so much better once that's done. I know how much it hurts when
you get an eyelash in your eye. I can't imagine all your eyelashes. Poor
baby! He's such a doll.

Have a great weekend Droolers!

--
Vicki Kerns

  ~≈≈~

  //^ ^\\
(/(_•_)\)
 _/''*''\_
(/_)^(_\)  ~  "Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."