[Dailydrool] Basset bathing

julie h jules56pt at hotmail.com
Fri May 13 13:00:01 PDT 2011

We want to wish everyone at the Waddle a wonderful weekend.  There are at least two bassets here who wish they were somewhere else.  Shelby and Maggie got a bath.  Shelby stinks or stank so we will see if she smells any better when she is dry.  She was not too upset but since she can't see anything, she couldn't see what we were doing.  Maggie is a different story.  We have an old plastic table we put them on in the back yard.  Maggie was shaking so hard she shook the table.  Poor thing is sitting next to me now on the couch with her damp behind next to me.  All is forgiven, it seems.  She just licked my fingers.  Shelby is invisible.  She doesn't want anything to do with either of us.  The boyslave, Nic, helped by doing the heavy lifting.  A basset who doesn't want a bath is really heavy.

I just hope it doesn't rain until after the bassets are dry.  It is supposed to later.  Maybe we should start building an ark.  There will be a very large lake in the back yard if it keeps up.  Right now the sun is out and that is a good thing.

We are sending good weekend snooters to all.  From Ninja, Marley, Maggie the wet, and Shelby the washed, dried, fluffy damp girl who is looking for a mud puddle to sit in, and the very quiet hiding kitty boys with the Mom