[Dailydrool] Medication resource

Val Brewer vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Tue May 17 14:56:42 PDT 2011

Bo takes an expensive daily medication for his chronic ulcerative colitis
(Budesonide 2 mg.). When first prescribed, we discovered that to fill the
prescription here in Hawaii at any of several local pharmacies would cost us
about $300/month. After consulting with the Drool, drooler and veterinarian
Laura Tancredi recommended a pharmacy in New Jersey available to vets and pet
owners. The pharmacy is Wedgewood Pharmacy; 405 Heron Drive; Swedesboro, NJ;
phone: 800-331-8272. Our vet calls in Bo's prescription to Wedgewood, which then
fills the script and second day airmails it to us. The price is less than a
third what it would cost us to fill this script locally. Their service has been
great. I believe they have a website on-line as well where one can check the
prices of meds. Wedgewood compounds their meds and handles large quantities
which allows them to offer better prices. (Bo's medicine is one used by humans
that needs to be dosage reduced for veterinary use--it is a medicine specific to
ulcerative colitis and Crohn's; a steroid which dissolves in the intestines
rather than the stomach). This resource is definitely worth looking at when
pricing meds.