[Dailydrool] Ms. Beasley's Sad

Ruth Beattie ruthie4042 at gmail.com
Sun May 22 20:57:00 PDT 2011

Ms. Beasley's cousin, a 12 yr-old Black Lab named Oreo went to the bridge
today.  This was rather sudden as my sister Pat who's been staying with me,
went home to get more clothes and some other things and discovered her
husband and son with the dog  on the floor.  Her back legs no longer worked,
and she urinated and defecated right where she was laying, she was panting
and trying to move, but just dragged her back end.  Pat said to them it was
time, but Oreo suddenly got up and went to Pat, she took her outside and
Oreo went potty and came back in.  This morning my brother in law called to
say Oreo cried and whined all night, of course both Pat and I told him why
didn't he call sooner. So I called my vet and left a VM, then I called
the Emergency Vet Hospital that is right around the corner from me, they
said it would cost $140 total.  They didn't want Oreo's ashes back, but they
did do something I thought was so wonderful, they took a clay paw print of
Oreo and gave it to my nephew. They had to take Oreo out of the truck on a
cart, as she was in such pain,  I was in my sisters car and they brought her
over to me to say good bye, she licked my hand, but I could tell she was
hurting.  Ms Beasley and her bonded well and they played whenever I brought
Beas over, then about four yrs ago, Billy brought home a American Bullo
Terrier pup and names him Pacino, the three of them played and played.  I
think it helped Oreo and Ms.Beasley get exercise.   I told my sister to
watch the sky, and when she sees a rainbow, it will be Oreo.   Rest in peace
sweet angel, watch over your family.

OH I almost forgot, Beas saw the surgeon yesterday and she will need surgery
to remove two bad teeth and remove the lump on her head.  I explained that I
was seeing my surgeon on Monday to schedule surgery on me and that I wanted
to wait until I was operated on and was all good to go before I schduled
Beas surgery, he was OK with that and told me that the blood work he was
going to draw will be good for three months.   I can call at the end of the
week to get her lab results, he said her heart and lungs sound good, he
palpatated her abdomen and checked out her lymph nodes.  She was a trooper
and stood still the entire time, she weighs 51 lbs and doc was OK it.

So, tonight some heart-healing drool to my sister Pat, please.  For me,
drool that Beas blood work will be Ok and that I get a surgery date soon.
Thank you all for all your support and comfort.  Long live the Daily Drool!
Ruthie B & Ms. Beasley