[Dailydrool] Floods and tornados and people who rescue

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Mon May 23 15:58:28 PDT 2011

Hi all, Snoopy here

We saw all of the pictures of the devastation across the country … floods and
tornados and I don’t know what all else.  momPerson says those pictures used to
be where dogs and people lived.  Oh… I am just so sorry.  You know, once upon a
time I lived in a home and I had a mommy who was my mommy since I was a baby and
I had lots and lots of stuff and one day … poof … no more mommy, no more stuff
and that wasn’t my home anymore … just like that … in an instant.  So I know how
that feels.  It feels SAD.  I hope every single person and critter find a warm
safe home and someone who loves them … faster than I did.

It takes a long, long, long time to feel safe again.  momPerson and dadPerson
fell in love with my scrawny, sick little self back in January.  Cyrus didn’t
care much for me at first … he was pretty standoffish.  And I was weak and sick
and heartbroken.  At first I didn’t want much more than something to eat and to
be warm.  These days I’m a happy, cuddly Snoopy … most of the time.  I’m just
cruising through my life with my long legged brother Cyrus and my 2 legged
sisters and everything is great … until … out of no where I’ll revert back.
It’s usually when I’m tired.  If I’m asleep and get startled awake … or if I’m
focused on food and something moves … I just go right back to the way I was in
January.   Fortunately nobody else is perfect at my house either … so we just
all do our best.   Last night I was cuddling with Natalie on her bed like I
always do and the lights were out and Cyrus jumped up on the bed and I didn’t
hear/see him coming … and I was so scared I peed by mistake.  Natalie just
gathered me up and hugged me and told me I was safe and called momPerson.
momPerson said “oh well, it’s ok Snoopy.”    And that was it.  momPerson had a
clean mattress pad and clean sheets and blankets and she just pulled the old
ones off and popped the new ones on and boosted me back up in bed and kissed us
goodnight (again) and we went back to sleep.

I’m telling you this because if you know dogs or kids from those places where
everything is different now I think they might need help feeling safe for a long
while yet.   Even after they are safe they might get scared real easy for a
while yet.  And there could be mistakes.  Snoopy knows.  I am sure the folks
from rescue know too.  And I'd like to thank you for being there for all the
other "Snoopys"

More later from Snoopy