[Dailydrool] Meany Mom

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Tue May 24 11:49:54 PDT 2011

Oh dear oh dear.
Talk about *GUILT.*
Despite his swagger and Bravado I forget that Conley is truly a soft dog, to
the point sometimes of squishiness.
The workers are stomping around on the roof re-shingling. As long as they
stay on the roof and don't speak, the dogs are ok, but when the men talk
(god forbid) or descend, the dogs go nuts.
So finally I broke out the spray bottle and began spritzing the dogs to make
them stop barking and it worked, except I forgot and sprayed Conley.
He spent the next 30 minutes following me around the house on his belly,
crawling, only the tip of his tail wagging, sobbing piteously. I spent the
next 30 minutes holding him and cuddling and kissing and sweet talking and
apologizing. And apologizing. And apologizing. Feeding him tiny pieces of
cheese and cookies and doggie treats and chicken.
I think we're ok. He is under my desk and barks at them but then looks at me
to see if i have the spray bottle. I guess I will let him bark.

MomPerson to Nigel, Llewis, Conley and Cooper, and wracked with guilt.