[Dailydrool] Oopie's lumps are hygromas

Dawn Jackson dlvj at ptd.net
Tue May 24 09:55:11 PDT 2011

Well we went to the vet.....his lumph nodes are fine....these are lower than the nodes.......they are called hygromas and are most probably caused by his "flopping" down when he sits or lies down.  Mostly he is on a dog bed or furniture but I think that from being caged up for almost 6 years his walking and sitting habits are not like most hounds.  You have to see him to know how he motivates but it sure is different.  She said he appears to be quite healthy and although you could drain the sacs, there is more chance of infection so it is best to just leave them alone as long as they don't bother him.  She did clean wax out of his ears but otherwise it was a trip to just take my money however I do have peace of mind now.

Dawn, momslave to Lucy, Lilly, Jethro and Oopie

Women are Angels...And when someone breaks their wings..They simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...They are flexible like that...