[Dailydrool] Sad

Chris Bly jbly1 at kc.rr.com
Thu May 26 06:27:31 PDT 2011

I took in a new rescue yesterday evening. I have been trying to stay in
compliance with the city but this boy needed help!
The lady told me she had this four year old basset and three young boys but
they did not like the dog so she needed to get rid of it.
I asked for pictures and when I got them it broke my heart! This poor skinny
filthy boy with a gimpy leg and puss filled eyes.
I asked her if she could send me another picture without the mucous covering
his eyes and she said oh yeah I will get my husband to clean those up and
get that to you.
Once the mucous was partially gone I could see the despair this poor Basset
had. It absolutely broke my heart.
I ran to go get him and while his owner was filling out the owner relinquish
form I asked the little boys "Aren't you going to miss Buster? Don't you
love your doggie?" And this four year old said "we loved him when he was a
puppy but we do not love him any more if he would have stayed a puppy we
would love him." We have a new cat.
You know he heard that from his ignorant parents! It made me want to go
Marlene and say to the mother "I wonder when you will be too old for him to
love", but I kept my mouth shut loaded Buster into my car and brought him to
my home and loved on him all night long.
We will see the vet tomorrow as he is not working on Thursday.
Buster is behind on his shots, has not been on heartworm preventative, and
has a bad gimpy leg and needs entropian surgery on both eyes. We hope he is
not heartworm positive but I would not be surprized.
This poor boy is now clean and eyes doctored, getting love and treats and
hopefully he will forget his horrific past.
Western Missouri Basset Rescue could not afford to take another one in but
we just could not continue to let him suffer like that. After all that is
what rescues do rescue dogs in need and definitely this boy is in desperate
need!!! We are going to get him taken care somehow some way ( I am
unemployed )
 If anyone wants to help this poor soul you can make donations through Pay
Pal at     wmbri.org
Please send drool Busters way he needs all the love he can get.