[Dailydrool] The Beginning

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Thu May 26 18:35:32 PDT 2011

First I want to thank all the well-wishers, and all the offers of help. You
guys are wonderful, but you don't need me to tell you that.
It must be working, because things are moving along---slowly--but moving.
I move slowest of all I think, but we're getting there, wherever that is.
We spent the day packing tiny little fragile things except for John who
discovered his closet floor had flooded and also found some irreplaceable
photos damaged. I think he lost heart after that, because he left and altho
he said he was running an errand he never came back. LOL.
I worked until about two with the two guys from the FixItUp place. I packed
my tiny little fragile things-- china Basset hounds, wood carved Basset
hounds, Polymer Basset hounds, Glass basset hounds....sea shells. Some
things my Mother had.
Here is my advice to all of you:
Go out right now and buy four of the biggest trash cans you can find. Come
home. Take everything that doesn't scamper out of the way and put it in a
trash can. Set it on the curb when it is full. Don't look back. Don't think
about it. Your children will thank you in the end.
Then I went and picked up Cooper. I did not visit The Boys. One of the
kennel workers who is very fond of Bassets says that Conley has not shut up
since he came in. I wish I could go visit them but I think that would be so
cruel, since they cannot come with me.
If this really takes as long as they are predicting (3 wks) they are going
to be very lonesome boys. I will have to get them out of there some way
before then, at least for a day every week or something.

MomPerson to Nigel, Llewis And Conley-- I really do love you, boys-- and
Cooper.