[Dailydrool] The Beginning

Esther Strom esthermstrom at yahoo.com
Fri May 27 13:50:07 PDT 2011

Bev,

I'm so sorry. We got the storms too, but at least my house wasn't missing its
roof. Just some damage to the yard and a few shingles gone. My house is tiny
(800 sq. ft.) and I work full-time, so I don't think I could handle all of them
plus Basil, but if one of the guys is having a particularly bad time in the
kennel, I'd be happy to take him for however long you need. I'm in Evanston, and
could come down this weekend if it would help.

Esther Strom
home: 847-492-8929
cell: 847-756-0307

________________________________

First I want to thank all the well-wishers, and all the offers of help. You guys
are wonderful, but you don't need me to tell you that.
It must be working, because things are moving along---slowly--but moving.
I move slowest of all I think, but we're getting there, wherever that is.
We spent the day packing tiny little fragile things except for John who
discovered his closet floor had flooded and also found some irreplaceable photos
damaged. I think he lost heart after that, because he left and altho he said he
was running an errand he never came back. LOL.

I worked until about two with the two guys from the FixItUp place. I packed my
tiny little fragile things-- china Basset hounds, wood carved Basset hounds,
Polymer Basset hounds, Glass basset hounds....sea shells. Some things my Mother
had.
Here is my advice to all of you:
Go out right now and buy four of the biggest trash cans you can find. Come home.
Take everything that doesn't scamper out of the way and put it in a trash can.
Set it on the curb when it is full. Don't look back. Don't think about it. Your
children will thank you in the end.
Then I went and picked up Cooper. I did not visit The Boys. One of the kennel
workers who is very fond of Bassets says that Conley has not shut up since he
came in. I wish I could go visit them but I think that would be so cruel, since
they cannot come with me.

If this really takes as long as they are predicting (3 wks) they are going to be
very lonesome boys. I will have to get them out of there some way before then,
at least for a day every week or something.

MomPerson to Nigel, Llewis And Conley-- I really do love you, boys-- and Cooper.