[Dailydrool] sad news on the basset front...

Karrie Kuecker wandereroftheworld at gmail.com
Fri May 27 19:43:23 PDT 2011

A friend of mine from my undergraduate days wound up with a basset hound a
few years ago (she was in FL, so we didn't know we both wound up with
hounds, hehe!) Anyway, her hound's name is Moe, and they currently reside in
Nebraska where she's working towards her Masters degree in Chemistry. (And,
no, neither her or Kristi, co-houndie momma, are droolers)

She took her Moe, who is now 15 yrs young to the vet today, and sadly the
prognosis is not good... It turns out he has 2 cancerous masses, one in his
jaw & one in his abdomen. Sadly, it's sounding like old Moe will not be here
for much longer... Please keep Nicole & Kristi (co-houndie momma) and their
special Moe in your thoughts this weekend. Nicole (friend from Uni) says
that they both understand that he is not long for this world, but they hope
to make sure his last few days are happy & as healthy as possible, and of
course that it's peaceful. Moe also has other non-hound fur-siblings too,
which I'm sure will be affected when the time comes.

I figure, a few folks & hounds thinking positive thoughts in their direction
can't hurt (and yes, they said they would like that). 15 seems to be a
pretty good run for an old hound, who's been through moves, had to wear
booties when he was in the cold snow (from FL), and deal with my friend's
puppy (now like 3-4-ish, I believe...) but, I believe that he's had a number
of good years with them (I can't recall his back story, or how he wound up
there), but I do know that both Nicole & Kristi are animal lovers & they
will miss their houndie boy!

--
-Karrie, momma to Joey & Emma, with Slater (ATB), Aunty to Checkers, Domino
& Crispin (wb)

Joey's dogster page: http://www.dogster.com/dogs/637473