[Dailydrool] Snooters in the water bowl

Jennifer Martin JMartin at wellscolibrary.org
Sun May 22 04:19:55 PDT 2011

Our Banshee ATB always drank from the bottom of the water bowl.  It left horrible floaties in the water and no one would drink after her, including herself.  We know her mom never lot her milk in and the breeder was not the most energetic and as soon as she could just dumped a pan of milk in the pen.  We figure this behaviour came from that.  Because of her, our water bowl still resides on a plastic car mat.  It helps keep some of the water off the hardwood floor.  Every week or two I wash the car mat in the sink with a scrub brush.  It is way better than molding out the floor.  Beauford and Bugsey aren't known to be the neatest drinkers.  They are both rather wet mouthed and they are slobby drinkers.  You know it is bad when you keep a basket of heavy duty kitchen bar rags on both floors of the house so you can clean up drool.  Very ecologically sound.  I have enough to make a full load and do a load about every two weeks.  Hubby found them on sale at Kohl's and bought them to finish out an order so we wouldn't have to pay shipping.  Then I loved them so much when I found them even more clearanced out in the store I picked up more!  Now we save the paper towels for canning (wiping lids) and truely disgusting messes that we are subjected to.

Jennifer, mom slave to the gorgeous Beauford and Bugsey