[Dailydrool] Dotties tail caught in van door!

Pat Mayer lilygurl.pat at gmail.com
Tue May 24 04:51:04 PDT 2011

I am not sure if this will shed any light or not...years ago the pwincess
developed a cyst on the bend of her tail...it rapidly grew to golf ball
size.  I showed the vet and he sad 'unfortunately' it is a blood-filled cyst
and will need to come off'  If it had burst it would be very messy and *'hard
to heal'*
Later after the surgery he showed me...there is very little skin tissue to
work with and it was a very tight stretch over the cartilage. He said he was
concerned that he might not have been able to close the wound. During the
healing process it dripped and leaked for a long time.  It was very
difficult to keep her from getting at it and chewing on the stitches and
licking it. After it was healed there was a skinny bend or kink in her tail
in that area about the halfway point of her tail.
 I would think there would be even less skin tissue to work with at the tip
of the tail so perhaps that is why the vet talks about amputation if you
don't leave it alone.

On the other hand...I think I would take her to another vet and get a second
opinion.

Pat

Drool to all in need.
Luv and Kissies too.
Pwincess LilyGurl ATB , Rudy- Protege to the pwincess,  and the rest of the
entourage