[Dailydrool] Dotties tail caught in van door!

Esther Strom esthermstrom at yahoo.com
Tue May 24 12:47:49 PDT 2011

Honestly, if it's been unchanged for a year, and it's not bothering her, I'd
listen to your vet and just leave it alone. Obviously if it changes you should
have it checked out again.

Esther, Basil, and Waldo ATB

________________________________

 This happened awhile back, she was in the garage with us while  unloading
groceries, etc. and my dad was in the passenger side, and when he got  out, he
shut the door, and somehow or another, just the very tip of her tail got
caught, and she screamed and screamed.  We got the door open right away,  and
her tail never did bleed, it was the very tip. We brought her to the vet,
and he said it was not broken just really gonna be bruised.  It turned  into a
blood blister type thing, and it is still swollen on the end.  We  went to the
vet again, and he said just leave it alone, it doesn't  hurt  her.  He told me,
don't go poking it, I wanted to get that dried blood or  whatever it is out of
there, he said I would just make it worse, it could get  infected, and he has
had to amputate parts of tails off because that is what can  happen. Any
suggestions anyone? He keeps telling me to "leave it alone",   but she has had
it for about a yr. now, and it still looks the same, it don't  seem to bother
her at all, and she never looks at it, or washes it or anything,   anyone else
have this unfortunate thing  happen?????????
Mommy and her Dottie with the bump on the tail

In a message dated 5/23/2011 5:43:08 P.M. Central Daylight Time,