[Dailydrool] Fur, fur and more fur

Esther Strom esthermstrom at yahoo.com
Tue May 24 12:44:26 PDT 2011

That sounds like a ZoomGroom... we love ours. It works really well during baths,
too, to loosen hair before washing.

Esther, Basil, and Waldo ATB

________________________________

I foolishly packed away the slicker brush and my imitation furminator with my
lawn knick-knacks last Fall.  So, off to Petsmart I went.  We have added a
Shep/Lab to our Basset household so I had no idea on what kind of brush to get
for her.

Well, the Sales person at Petsmart showed me this brush that fits in the palm of
my hand and is made by Kong.  It is all rubber.  She said she uses it for her
dogs and swears by it.  Have to admit, I felt pressured as she wouldn't leave me
alone in the grooming aisle, so I bought the Kong brush thinking I could always
return it.  Well, I LOVE it.  I couldn't believe my eyes when I did a few swipes
down our Shep/Lab's back and all the fur that came out.  I could have clothed a
small child with all the fur!  Works well on the Bassets too as they have the
undercoat.

The Kong was about $8-$9.  I did find my slicker brush and imitation furminator
over the past weekend.  I may try them after I use the Kong brush just to see if
they get more fur out.  But for the longer haired dogs - I would definitely
recomment the Kong brush.

Good luck,

Kirsten
3 Bassets and a tall dog