[Dailydrool] Third eyelid question

cindy light lightcindy at hotmail.com
Sun May 29 06:22:15 PDT 2011

About a month ago my puppy (5 months) woke up and one third eyelid did not open at all.  We rushed her to the vet they put some drops in it and thought one of the cats may have scratched it.  They thought it stayed closed as a protective thing.  It got better.  However, at the MI Bassett Rescue parade we met some of my puppy's sisters and the same thing happened to one of them and they don't have cats.  They said their vet thought when walking perhaps a stick poked her in the eye.  Maybe it is a hereditary thing.