[Dailydrool] New Tybee video

Jane Hay janewhay at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 13:03:48 PDT 2011

Here is a link to a new video of Tybee playing with the Houndettes:
http://youtu.be/68QZG1Ubdnk It's hard to tell who is who but Tybee is the
one who is just a little slower than the rest of the herd. He's still
limping but he's not letting his leg slow him down very much! It's going to
hurt my heart an awful lot to let this little guy move on! He's just a
lover and is such a great companion hound. Let's face it, I'd keep them all
if I could!!

Regarding the thread about the choices that we make for our hounds...I'm
right there with whoever said they opt for quality of life over quantity
every time. I know we all beat ourselves up about the decisions we make on
behalf of our beloved hounds but there isn't one of us who ever makes a
decision for our hounds without their best interest in mind.

Halloween was a bust here. It was cold and raining so we only had about 15
kids show up. I'm sending the rest of the candy to work with the DH so we
don't eat it! Jersey reminded me of what a sneak hounds can be the first
Halloween that she was with us. It had been about 27 years since we'd had a
hound in the house and I had forgotten a lot of the interesting things that
they do including counter cruising. I thought I had pushed the candy back
far enough on the counter but got home to the Nestle Crunch wrappers in a
pile on the floor and the candy was gone! You can well imagine the panic I
was in when I called the vet! She only got about ten bite sized candies and
we didn't have to make her vomit but we could tell that the chocolate
bothered her for several days after she ate it. Needless to say, the candy
is put up INSIDE the cupboard now and never left on the counter!

Please keep voting every day for BaRCSE! The second place contender is
catching up to us!

Heart healing and get well drool is being sent to all in need from the
Houndettes and Tybee.

Jane & the Houndettes
Jersey, Shadow, Suzy & Ginger
with foster boy Tybee