[Dailydrool] Keep up the good work: Shelter Challenge

Val Brewer vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 2 20:44:55 PDT 2011

So I was checking in with the Shelter Challenge again, lol (what I do everytime I get on my computer). And I noticed something. Besides being neck and neck with the next rescue organization in South Carolina (within a few tenths of a per cent), there is another reason to have hope and keep voting. The "weekly winners". Ba RCSE is #5 in the top ten vote getters. The Humane Society in the same area is close on its tail. BUT--the top three of the top ten have been awarded "weekly winner" prizes. If we can hold steady for two more weeks, then BaRCSE will win a weekly winner prize. If by some chance, the Humane Society passes BaRCSE, but we hold steady for the next THREE weeks, then BaRCSE will still win a weekly winner prize. The weekly winners don't get a chance at the state prize, so I figure either way, if we can hold our momentum for two to three weeks, BaRCSE will be in the money (and so will its competition--a win/win). Drool rules. So keep on voting.
 Go to your search engine. Type in Shelter Challenge. Hit the first entry that comes up on the list. Type BaRCSE into the shelter name and SC into the state slot. Hit vote. Then the confirmation page comes up. Copy the letters and numbers and hit confirm. All there is to it. I am pretty sure, all things considered, that we can win $1000 for BaRCSE.

And then there is the "heartwarming story" contest, open all this month. I know Chris Bly of WMBRI has submitted an entry. Don't know about others. IF judges choose one of our stories (there are 800 entries so far) in the top ten, then VOTERS get to determine the next outcome. The top three rescue organizations win $2000 apiece. Go bassets. Let's rule.

Finally, a plug for Pacific Basset Feet cards. They are very cute, one of a kind, blank cards, with military bassets occupying planes, submarines, hospital ships, UFO stages, Congress mess hall, and so forth. Is this a great gift or what? I've ordered boxes for my kids and friends for Christmas. This is a re-issue of the original. See the PBF website to order: http: pacificbassetfeet.net/ Semper fido all, Val, Bo (CIC PBF), and Lt. Harley of Hawaii