[Dailydrool] Photography for Rescues

Veronica Woodruff bassetgrrl at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 12 02:15:15 PST 2011

If one looks at www.thestar.com (one of Toronto, Ontario's daily newspapers) one will see the article "Pet portraits save lives of animals without homes."  Alternatively, one can simply use The Star's search bar to look for Teresa Berg Photography.

Ms. Berg is a professional 'occasions' photographer based in Dallas, Texas who realized that most shelter animals are photographed so poorly and appear so pathetic that people can't seem to imagine them lounging around or fitting into a family.  In other words, they don't come across as the most appealling of dogs.  By using well-taken shots, the adoption times have been cut in half and more dogs, simply put, are adopted instead of euthanized.

She offers webinars for rescue groups and shelter workers to enable them, too, to up their adoptiion rates.  Because there are so many Basset rescue organizations on the Drool, I thought some of you might be interested in this.  And even if you're not involved with rescue, her before and after pictures, as featured in The Toronto Star are astonishing.

Veronica Woodruff

(Stillwater Lake, Nova Scotia)

"He can compress the most words into the smallest ideas of any man I ever met."  Abraham Lincoln