[Dailydrool] Polly's Eye

Nancy nancykay9 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 05:20:54 PST 2011

Hi Eleri,

A similar thing happened with our Tina a few weeks ago, where her 3rd
eyelid completely covered her eye. We took her to the emergency vet, who
diagnosed "uveitis", which is an inflammation in the middle of the eye.
They treated her "very aggressively" with corticosteroid drops every 4
hours (!) for a week, along with atropine ointment to relax (dilate) her
eye, and oral pain medication.

I would take Polly back to the vet since things are not improving for
her, or maybe even to a doggie eye vet if there's one near you.

Nancy, Frank the Tank, and Tina who is all better and much more
comfortable now.